Dai Ka Jie Kitchen
#05-11, The Heeren
Opens 11.30am to 10pm (Sunday to Thursday)
11.30am to 11.30pm (Friday, Saturday and eve of public holidays).
Call: 6738 0322
website: www.dkj.com.sg (but yet to be set up)
Shanghai Modern interior with the remembrance of Old ShangHai feel. Serves Old-time Classics.
Located @ a new foodie level on the 5th floor of Heeren, this restaurant hosts an concept of Old-time classics with a Modern twist.
Along side the Shanghai Music tones such as "wan bu liao, wang bu liao~" and "Tian Mi Mi" is complimented by the great service by the staffs.
Food Menu consists of Wanton Noodles/Chinese La Mien, as well as Ala-Carte dishes and desserts.
- Stir-fried french beans in Salted egg-yolk, OMG!!!! this is simply out of this world! its SO SO tasty and flavouful. I picked a piece of the french bean and chew on it, the taste just exploded in my mouth! This is the main dish that i love and will make me come back for! a definate Must-try!
- Original Roasted Duck (which is so juicy and crispy like suckling pig). Also accompanied with their light dressing of soya sauce drenched on it. Moist and crispy! Slurpz!
- Claypot Chicken, which is just passable, the sauce is tasty, good to go with rice, but the chicken is just too bland. Flavour did not seep into the meat.
- Brinjal done in Ma Po tou-fu style.
- Redbean Milk-tea, DIVINE! Thhingg*** Oh my GOSH!! i felt like a kid who manage to hug a teddy bear it her arms! Such a familiar taste which i have been longing for. The red bean is nicely cooked like the nice mushy Japanese red bean, and the most amazing thing is the milk-tea.. its THAI MILK TEA!!! I LIKE!!!~~ nono, i LOVE!!!~~~ *warning: Ice Thai Milk tea is an acquired taste drink. U will either really love it or hate it. I has a tint of smoke taste. Not for the faint hearted.
- Longan red dates tea- Not too sweet or heavy, just nice. Smooth to throat.
This is their 1st and only outlet.
They are going to open a Cafe Lounge named Whisk at Wisma Atir #03-15 (still rolling out the plans/in midst of construction, not opened yet)