Saturday, January 2, 2010

Halia Restaurant- Dining in lush greenery


Halia Restaurant
location: Botanical Garden

I tracked down Halia as an optimum choice for a fine dining experience with a live jazz band for my friend's Dad's birthday dinner.

Halia is situtated in a perfect spot amidst lush greenery without the greetings from bugs.
The atmosphere is fantastic. Perfect as a romantic dinner location. But be sure to come with a thick wallet. Fine dining never comes cheap.


Starters: Foie Gras with spring roll
perfectly done.
not over cooked, not raw. Fatty and fresh, not gelad.


I'm posting this post as part of my tummy log. Not going to say too much on it as I don't recall the names of the dishes and didn't get to taste much.
But to sum it up, the starters and mains are really good. The chef is really skilled and experienced, therefore able to control the temperature and cooking time of the meats very well.
I guess this is also why people in the high society often dines in fine dining restaurants, not just for the fact that they can afford it, but also most importantly is the attention and dedication that goes into the dish.





Desserts are not their strong point. I could easily get better desserts elsewhere. So, do give the desserts a skip to lessen the impact on your wallet.




Overall, a great dining experience mainly from the ambiance, great service and chef's culinary skill on the meats. But for the costs of it, I don't see myself returning here unless it is for very special occasions where I have set aside the budget

No comments: