Saturday, July 25, 2009

Babi Guling in Bali

On my honeymoon trip to Bali, I stayed in Ubud... I've read abt the legendary Babi Guling (Pork) rice that resides in the not-so-crowded Ubud area... And so I made it a point to go try...

Legendary Ibu Oka's "Babi Guling" rice @ Ubud
The stall was hard to miss as it as the most packed food joint in Bali...

Apparently, locals are charged lower for the food here and get a bigger portion of meat... Which i think it's reasonably since tourists have more disposable income to spend...

Here it is! Bali Guling Special Rice! ("Special" coz it's portion for one, with a portion of the meat + crispy pig skin + veg, smacked on top of your rice.. "Non-special" means you order dishes and rice separately to share...)
You can see the crispy pig skin in the pic below... It's so crispy I thought the fillings in my tooth was gonna come off when I tried to crunch it....

I don't think it's as yummy as it's hyped up to be.... :P

Not worth travelling up to Ubud for it, but if you'e staying in Ubud, just go try...

No comments: